Saturday 19 September 2009

(500) Films Of Empire - Day 4

Saturday today, which meant a long shift at the cinema.  Early start and late finish, busy trying to sign up lots of new students to free memberships and giving the foyer a good spring clean (in the middle of Autumn).

Still time to squeeze in one film before getting some sleep. Disappointingly abandoned my attempt at linking the films together (tenuously or otherwise) because I have hit a snag... Lovefilm!

Wonderful resource in getting a hold of titles that are more obscure or I simply don't own but with a list of 272 titles queued up, I am at their mercy as to which films they send at any particular time.

And popped through the letterbox this morning was;


327 – Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas – 2 stars

Never seen this before and not sure if it was because it was really late and my mind was a bit switched off but I didn't really like this film that much.  Took ages to get going (which is not good for a 76 minute film), storyline was so-so, however the animation was excellent. Overall, I'm not sure what all the fuss was about. Certainly won't be rushing out to get a tattoo of it on my arm.

1 comment:

  1. "Certainly won't be rushing out to get a tattoo of it on my arm." - ooh snap!

    ReplyDelete