Tuesday 15 September 2009

Nobody puts Baby in the corner: RIP Patrick Swayze



The sad news came in today that Patrick Swayze had passed away after a long fight with cancer.



An actor that had roles that appealed to many demographics; for the blokes there was THE OUTSIDERS, POINT BREAK and ROADHOUSE. For the girls, GHOST and DIRTY DANCING.

Now for my guilty confession. One Bank Holiday Monday a few years ago there was nothing else on the TV so my flatmates and I watched DIRTY DANCING. That's right, we got drunk and watched the whole thing.

I remember seeing it as as kid and back then it was a sweet summer romance story with a seminal soundtrack and all about the dancing, but seeing it again as an adult I started to notice all the pre-marital sex, cougars, backstreet abortion in the film... not to mention the main relationship is between a teenage girl and a guy who looks to be in his mid-thirties!

Still, watching that evening, I did have the time of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment