Saturday 27 February 2010

(500) Films of Empire - Day 165

40 - Vertigo - 5 stars
Full review to follow...


What followed was an unexpected San Francisco double bill as Lovefilm sent me:

430 - Big Trouble In Little China - 3 stars
An entertaining way to pass 99 minutes but not very memorable. Even while writing this review the exact details of what went on during the film are already beginning to fade.
I do know that Kurt Russell was wearing a fetching mullet & vest combo and had to rescue Samantha from Sex And The City from an evil Chinese spirit who has henchmen that look like Raiden from Mortal Kombat.
Tis a shame that Russell never became the huge star that he had the potential to be after this film and others like The Thing.  "Are you ready?", "I was born ready".

Days remaining - 200 Films remaining - 259

1 comment:

  1. Just re-watched Big Trouble in Little China, so popped on here to see what you said about it and was shocked to find you missed a review!! of a 5 star film, no less?! I also watched The Breakfast Club over the weekend, so I expect this review of Vertigo on my desk first thing tomorrow morning! haha

    ReplyDelete