Monday 6 September 2010

The End Is Nigh...

This is it everyone. We're now into the Top Ten of the (500) Films of Empire challenge. I'll be watching one film each day until Wed 15th September when I'll be at The Belmont Picturehouse celebrating my cinema's 10th birthday with a screening of the number one film on the list, The Godfather.
Over the next ten days I'll be watching Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Singin' In The Rain, Apocalypse Now, Goodfellas, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and The Godfather. Not a bad bunch of films to end on ;)
It has been quite a year that I've had trying to complete this crazy, crazy challenge but, for the most part, it has been incredibly enjoyable. I've been able to visit Cannes for the film festival, meet some incredible people (special shout-out to the Forumites) and of course, see some fantastic films.
Once the challenge is complete, I'll do a retrospective on the past year, talking about my highlights and then deciding upon my all-time favourite films.
Will I miss it when it's done? What will I do with all that free time I'll have? I just don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment